Created by Alyssa
Hi! My name is Alyssa. I am a designer, a scientist, a blogger, a project manager, and an educator. In my spare time I enjoy traveling, painting, cooking, watching and reviewing horror movies, coaching teachers, and spending quality time with my husband and dog. I enjoy learning in any capacity, and I hope to never stop learning and growing.
From Then to Now
I received my bachelors in Biology in 2012, with the intent of going into the medical field. This changed after I worked as an EMT/Firefighter, and my heart could not stand to see the pain.
With the intent of staying in the field of public service, I started my first high school teaching job in 2016. In those 6 years, I launched and grew a Gifted Academy from the ground up. I taught and built curriculum at the district level for Biology, Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, and IB Biology. My achievements helped me win Teacher of the Year and Gifted Educator of the Year in early 2021. I was promoted to the district level as a Professional Development Specialist in 2021, furthering my skills of content design and facilitation. I completed my Master’s Degree in Education, specializing in Instructional Design and Technology.
I am now a Project Manager for the Office of Academics managing projects spanning eight academic departments. I am currently pursuing my PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification.
June 2016 – Present
BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (BCPS) | FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
- Project Manager – Office of Academics (July 2023 – Present)
- Professional Development Specialist – Professional Learning (August 2021 – July 2023)
- Science Teacher (9-12) – Plantation High School (June 2016 – August 2021)
May 2014 –June 2016
LIFE EXTENSION | FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
- Quality Assurance Research Specialist
Master of Education in Instructional Design and Technology
American College of Education
Kappa Delta Pi Honors Society
- Project Management Applications: Asana, Jira, Visio, Miro, Lists/Tasks/Planner, Trello
- Collaboration Applications: Teams/Zoom, Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slides, Outlook
- Graphic Design Applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva
- Learning Management Systems: Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle
- Instructional Development Applications: Rise 360, Storyline, iSpring Suite, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate
- Data Analysis Applications: Excel, PowerBI, SAP
- 2024 PMP Certification (in progress)
- 2016-2029 Florida Teaching Certificate in Biology, Chemistry, and Gifted Education
- 2023 CPR/Heart Saver Certification
- 2022 Professional Learning Facilitator
- Teacher of the Year 2020-2021
- Gifted Educator of the Year 2020-2021
- Highest Biology EOC Score 2017, 2018, 2019
- Kappa Delta Pi Honors Society Recognition
- Rated Highly Effective for Evaluations: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Created by Alyssa
Bringing your vision to life.